Can Chamberlain replace Ramsey and become a new star?

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday against Shrewsbury Town scoring one goal and assisting another. The winger was very delighted with his performance and so was manager Arsene Wenger and every other Arsenal fan.

With performances like that one, Chamberlain will shortly become an Arsenal first team player, especially giving Wenger’s attempt to play him as a midfielder rather than an offensive winger. That could mean he may take Ramsey’s spot in the team with good games throughout the season.

The young star was enthusiastic about the performance of the team and stated:

“It was a massive game for us. Even though you may say it is against lesser opposition, we still had to bounce back from the result at the weekend, put a statement down and make sure we qualified for the next round. With a younger, less experienced squad we did that tonight.”

“I think it is a really good squad. I think we just need to keep plugging away and it will come right for us. There are a lot of quality signings here and a lot of quality in the boys that are already here. We just need to gel together now and kick on. I think we have what it takes to get to the final in this competition and put in a good claim in the Premier League and the FA Cup too.” (Arsenal.com)

The Englishman certainly isn’t backing down on enthusiasm, and Wenger might love that a lot. It’s tough to say what the future will be with Chamberlain, but I think that if Wenger really decides to use him as a midfielder, the lad could be a solution until Ramsey regains his form or Wilshere regains his fitness.

Do you think that Chamberlain could be the next big hit for Arsenal?

***Arsenal v Shrewsbury Carling Cup Highlights***