Arsenal injury news update.

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger offered an update on the injury situation at the club. Sagna and Wilshere are long term injuries which can’t be brought in discussion at the moment, but Diaby and Vermaelen are back from their long term injuries, and right-back Carl Jenkinson might also be available for Saturday’s match against Chelsea.

“We had good news about Vermaelen in the game against Bolton the other night. It was just cramp [that forced him to come off] so that’s good news. He will certainly be in the squad at Chelsea. I don’t know yet whether he will start, I have to think about that. I feel physically he is not completely ready because he had problems to finish the game against Bolton, but he is close. We play two games in three days and I will have to evaluate the whole situation. But Thomas always wants to play.”, said the manager

“I will know more [about Jenkinson’s fitness] after training on Friday. Jenkinson was alright yesterday, but I don’t know if I will take him or not. It depends how well he does in training today.”

The Frenchman also spoke about Arshavin after the excellent performance he had in the Carling Cup match against Bolton Wanderers.

“This guy is an absolutely top class player but something somewhere gets people a little bit reluctant sometimes. “

“You look at his assists and goals scored and he is always among the best. He can come on and have an impact, he can start and have an impact – Andrey is an impact player.”

Arsenal looks good after the 4th consecutive win, and if they’ll manage to defeat Chelsea on away territory on Saturday Wenger could state that his lads are almost back in the title race. With fewer injuries now Wenger has no reason at all not to win the match against The Blues, so let’s hope Arsenal will play a good game and win