Robin Van Persie accused of a Nazi celebration

Arsenal’s captain Robin Van Persie was accused after the Chelsea game that at one of his 3 goals scored on Stamford Bridge he chose to celebrate using a Nazi salute. Following these accusations the striker immediately replied to his Twitter followers that his celebration had nothing to do with any Nazi salute.

“It has been brought to my attention of some ridiculous allegations concerning my celebration of one of my goals yesterday.”, said Robin Van Persie

“It is totally ludicrous to suggest that… my action of brushing my shoulder and pointing to my fans could be construed as anything else but of a showing of joy and celebration.”

“To suggest this meant anything to the contrary is insulting and absolutely absurd as nothing else came into my mind.”

I don’t know if this is just one of those things meant to get the striker’s eyes off the prize and mess with his concentration, but it’s absurd to think something like this. He’s Dutch what would he have to do with the Nazis?