Arsenal rumours roundup Oct 1st – Granero, Hazard, Gotze and Jovetic

There are quite a Arsenal transfer rumours around in the media today as The Gunners are preparing themselves for a very important Champions League group stage match against French side Olympique Marseille, and they all seem to involve very talented players for a change.

The Metro says that Wenger is now increasing his interest in transferring Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero. The Spaniard is rated at around €6 million and Wenger might accept the idea of transferring a player on such a small transfer fee.

The French newspaper L’Equipe hints that not Granero will be the replacement Wenger is looking for, but the Lille star Eden Hazard. The 20-year-old midfielder stated for the French newspaper the following:

“I am ready to go to the next level at a big club,”

“I won’t leave in January, it would be silly to do so, but it’s my last season at Lille. I stayed with Lille this year because I still had things to work on and prove. But now I’m ready to play in another country.”

Hazard was also kind enough to dismiss any interest coming from current France League 1 leaders PSG saying:

“I wanted to stay with Lille this term, because I still had things to prove here. I now feel ready to move to a bigger club though. I am ready to make an impact at a foreign club.”

“Paris is magical and I’m definitely attracted to the city. It’s not for now though. I don’t want to join another French team and strengthen one of Lille’s rivals. That would be the wrong thing to do.”

Wenger followed the Hazard lead in the summer, but the transfer was blocked by the midfielder’s wish to stay at the club for another season.

The Belgian is also wanted by London rivals Chelsea, a team which is also reported to be fighting Arsenal for the signature of German wonder Mario Gotze.

In Italy reports say that Wenger’s interest in Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic has now ended as the young Montenegro striker signed a new 5 year long contract with the Italian club, but that is a common ruse amongst Italians to get the buy out clause increased so it may still be on….

Arsene Wenger must start working on the transfers he wants to make in January just to make sure things don’t go the way they did last summer. Which of all these transfer news do you guys think will come true?