Arsenal’s defensive problems seem to be gone. What do you think?

Arsenal’s goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny was happy about the way the defensive side of the team held up in a very tough Champions League fixture against French team Olympique Marseille. The goalkeeper had a couple of good saves, but overall his work was taken care of the defence which blocked almost all incoming threats.

“We kept a clean sheet, which is all you can ask for from a back four,” said the goalkeeper.

“I think they did well together but I have been training with them for a long time and I see their qualities.”

“We looked really solid today, so as I said I just hope we can keep it going.”

Fellow teammate Carl Jenkinson was also delighted about the way the game went for the Gunners and added:

“Obviously our aim was a win and that’s what we went out there to do but it just didn’t work out that way and we didn’t get that goal. We kept a clean sheet and that’s positive – at the end of the day it’s in our own hands. We wanted to win the game so in that sense it’s disappointing but a point is not a disaster.”

“We want to win games – even though we got a draw today – and we kept that run going. It’s vital that we keep that momentum going. We’re playing well at the moment and we just want to keep getting results. Tonight we wanted the three points but we’ve still kept that unbeaten run going so that is positive.”

Arsenal’s defensive problems seem to be long gone and that would be nothing less of a miracle after the way Wenger’s team started the season. The only question that remains is will this last or it will only be a temporary thing before cracks will start to show in Wenger’s back wall again?