Arsenal sign a defender, and Gary Cahill is available too!

There is news just in that Arsenal have signed up the 19 year-old defender Daniel Boateng on an extended contract, and he is now committed to staying at the Emirates for the next few years.

This just shows how much Arsene Wenger believes that Boateng will become an integral part of the Gunners back line in the future, if not right now, and a statement on the Arsenal website said: “Everyone at Arsenal football club looks forward to Daniel’s continued progress in the coming years.”

Meanwhile Sebastien Squillaci is expected to be leaving the Emirates this January, and perhaps Wenger may be in the market for a replacement?

If so, then the Bolton boss Owen Coyle has again admitted that Gary Cahill could be leaving the Reebok this January if the right offer comes in. He was asked if he expected Arsenal or Tottenham would come back in with a new offer after losing out on their bids in the summer, and he said: “That is something that will be seen to be the case in January,”

“I would love to work with Gary Cahill every day of the week for as long as I could because he is a top player and a fantastic young man.

“Again, sometimes things are taken out of your grasp. We will wait and see what January brings.

“But, for this moment in time, what’s more important is we continue to improve as a team and continue to pick up points in the Premier League.”

Yes Owen that is exactly what Arsene Wenger is thinking right now as well, and perhaps they could improve their chances if Cahill was in the team?