Arsenal’s out of the race for Fellaini. Who should be the next target?

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger lost the race for Everton’s defensive midfielder Marouane Fellaini after the Belgian signed a new 5 year contract with the Liverpool club.

Wenger’s race for another defensive midfielder continues as one of the primordial targets are not available anymore. Fellaini was only one of the names on a long list which also holds the names of Ajax’s Jan Vertonghen, Toulouse’s Etienne Capoue and Rennes’ Yann M’Vila. The last is the most wanted of them and Arsenal already tried to snatch him in the summer and are expected to attempt that again.

Robert Elstone declared on Everton’s official websited:

“We are delighted to have secured the services of Marouane for the long term,”

“As everyone is aware these negotiations have been ongoing for some time but both parties remained positive that we would reach agreement.

“Marouane has been a hugely influential player for Everton since his arrival in 2008 and we hope that remains to be the case for the next five years.”

Fellaini was also wanted by Real Madrid, but now he will stay with Everton. As for Arsenal, they still have a lot of players to choose from for the defensive midfielder position. Wenger just needs to hurry up and decide because January is approaching fast. Who do you think he should bring?