Arsenal Injury News Update 22 November

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger is happy to announce that the squad is almost fully fit. Except for long term absentees Backary Sagna and Jack Wilshere, everybody in the squad will be fit and ready to play soon.

“From Saturday everybody is available. We lost Tomas Rosicky in training, he has been replaced by Abou Diaby. Rosicky has a small thigh strain.”, said the manager

“I am very happy. It’s been a little bit quicker than expected because he looked good in training, so it’s good to have him back. He has not played one minute since the start of the season and had his surgery in June, so it’s good news to have him back.”

“Robin started on the bench last time [in the Champions League] because we had some medical concerns. Tomorrow we have no medical concerns at all, that means he will start.”

Abou Diaby comes after a very long period of time spent in the infirmary so he is less likely to play against Dortmund, but having Van Persie back on the pitch in the Champions League games from the first minute could be nothing but glorifying. He is rated as the best striker in the world at the moment so let’s hope he will be able to make a difference once again.