Pires – Robin will leave if top players don’t come

Arsenal’s former glory Robert Pires seems to think that Wenger has to sign top players if he wants to keep Robin Van Persie at the club. The Dutchman will only be persuaded to sign if Arsenal will manage to win some silverware, but that can’t happen unless top quality players are brought to the club thinks Pires

“I think he will stay. Why? He has status at Arsenal and he is highly ­regarded. But I also believe that Arsenal need to sign some ­important players next summer. That will help to keep him.”, said Pires

“When you win a big ­competition, it helps to give a winning mentality,”

“It was difficult at the start of the season, but since their 1-0 win in ­Marseille, results have ­improved. In people such as Yossi ­Benayoun, Mikel Arteta and Per Mertesacker, Arsenal have brought in experienced players. They have settled in and if this squad can win silverware this season, it can be the start of something.”

Wenger is now watching Gotze, Reus, M’Vila and some other players who despite are young have proved to be some of the best footballers for both their club and their country. That’s what the club needs at the moment, and Robin is in love with the club, he doesn’t want to go, but he has no alternative if things don’t change and Arsenal doesn’t win a title.