Arsenal linked with top Ghanaian midfielder

It has been revealed this morning that the Ghanaian star Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu is being tracked by both Arsenal and Liverpool with a view to a bid this January.

Ghanasoccernet.com reports today that Arsene Wenger has been watching Agyemang-Badu for some time as he plays for the Serie A side Udinese, while Liverpool scouts have also told Kenny Dalglish that he would be ideal for the Premier League.

Just this week Agyemang-Badu was voted as the best Italy-based Ghanaian footballer over accomplished players like his Udinese team-mate Kwadwo Asamoah and the AC Milan prodigy, Kingsley Boateng, and the 21 year-old is renowned for the tireless effort he puts into every single game.

He said when given the award: “I feel proud that my commitments at my Club and the national team have not gone unnoticed.”

Surprisingly he has only just broken into the Udinese first team alongside Asamoah but has already made 12 appearances for the Black Stars, scoring twice from a defensive midfield position.

But it is certainly his efforts for Udinese this season that has caught Wenger’s eye and he could develop into as big as star as Michael Essien in time, so Arsenal will definitely be looking at buying him as a solid investment for the future.