Arsenal transfer rumours – 4 Dec – Podolski might come, Frimpong and Walcott might leave

The January transfer season opening is approaching fast and Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger is trying to get his head straight and prioritize on who should join Arsenal and who should leave.

Many rumours are surrounding the English club at the moment, but there’s no certainty in any of them. The first one and possibly the most important one for the fans is about Lukas Podolski.

The German striker and Koln are sending mixed signals. The club refuses to talk about a possible transfer after an inquiry by Lokomotiv Moscow, while the player leads us to believe that there’s still chance.

A club’s official stated for German newspaper Bild:

‘There were no numbers on a possible transfer or period when the transfer should take place,’

‘But that does not matter. We want to extend his contract.’

Podolski’s contract with the team runs until the summer of 2013, but the striker doesn’t seem all that keen to stay.

“I will talk to Cologne before anybody else and see what they have to say,” he told ZDF television.

“Of course I am getting plenty of offers and I expect more of them to arrive to me, to my agent or to my club in the coming weeks.

“But I repeat, I must first talk to Cologne.”

We will just have to wait and see, but a transfer like this will pump up Arsenal’s chances at winning a title and perhaps reaching one of the more advanced knockout stages of the Champions League.

Today there are more important rumours related to outgoing transfers rather than incoming. Arsenal’s defensive midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong will probably leave the club in January to join Premiership side Wolverhampton on a 6 month loan.

The Ghanaian international can’t seem to catch a first team spot regularly, and he declared that it would be better for him to go somewhere else and play weekly in order to increase his tally.

One of the most importand and rather shocking rumour is related to winger Theo Walcott who might join the list of personas non-grata on the Emirates stadium after Juventus expressed their interest in the English forward.

Gunners fans surely can’t take another club icon leaving after Clichy, Nasri and Fabregas, so Wenger must do his best to keep Walcott at the club at any cost.