Arsenal’s first team is the only transfer Frimpong wants

Emmanuel Frimpong snubbed all the rumours which have been written about a possible loan in January. According to the midfielder he’s not interested in any other move except creating a regular first team spot for himself at Arsenal.

“I knew I would come back to play football after the injury but I felt I would never get the chance at Arsenal again,” he said.

“I had my chance and things were going well then I got my injury. At that time there were [other] players who were injured and I thought that they would be fit when I got back. You had Song, Diaby and Ramsey all injured.”

“[I thought] by the time I was back all these players would be fit so I didn’t think I would get a chance.”

“But in football you can’t predict anything. I came back and I carried on from where I left off. Now I have to continue to play well to force the issue of playing in the first team. That is all I can do.”

“I worked really hard to get my fitness back. I still don’t believe I am 100 per cent fit yet but hopefully when I am I can show that to the fans and give more to the team. At the moment I’m just happy to be out there and it’s a pleasure to be playing with these great players at the moment.”

Performances like the ones he had lately will surely earn him the wanted spot in time, but the midfielder must correlate that with a better behaviour on the field and with fewer outbursts like the one he had against Manchester City last week.