Who is Arsenal’s best left-winger? Gervinho, Arshavin or Rosicky?

The left side of midfield has always been essential to the Arsenal attacking options. From crosses to daring cut ins into the penalty area, the deadly left side of Arsenal has been made famous by Arsene Wenger through the big names of Pires and so on. At the moment, who is our best choice at left winger.

1st choice: Gervinho
The Ivorian purchased from Lille in the Ligue one has been a long time target for Arsenal. Guiding Lille to the league and cup double last season, Gervinho was expected to bring goals, assists and style to the deadly Arsenal attack. He is also expected to find the net regularly for Arsenal after netting 36 times in his 2 seasons at Lille. I say, he is our best choice and should be chosen above all.
Verdict: A+

2nd choice: Andrei Arshavin
The ability and skill of the little Russian should be doubted by anyone in the footballing world. The crafty Arshavin has shone many times for Arsenal and has a way to both score and create extraordinary goals. 30 goals and 34 assists in his three and a half seasons at Arsenal, he is the man with the most proven track record. However, Arshavin has become a different player this season and is now a shadow of his original self. He is now lazy and inconsistent and has gotten on the nerves of many fans.
Verdict: B+

3rd choice: Tomas Rosicky
The Czech international has been plagued with injuries throughout his Arsenal career. Thus, he never really had the chance to prove his worth. He has shown flashes of brilliance and may shine if given the opportunity.
Verdict: B-

Overall, Gervinho would be my number one choice. If he is fit, he should play as he is both fast and creative. However, the ultimate decision lies with Arsene. Maybe a new signing on the left?