Arsenal midfielder keen on move to Lille in January

It is being reported that French side LOSC Lille are keen on taking the Arsenal youngster Francis Coquelin on loan in January. The Frenchman himself has welcomed the interest from the Ligue 1 champions.

He told L’Equipe: “I have not had any direct contact with Lille, but it’s flattering.

“LOSC are a very big club. For now, the transfer window is not open and I am focused on Arsenal, but when there really is an interest, we must wait and see what happens.”

The 20-year-old has also been linked with a move to Premiership side Wolves with manager Mick McCarthy said to be keen on the young Frenchman’s services.

Coquelin has previously expressed his discontent over the lack of first-team opportunities being handed to him at the Emirates and has also threatened to leave.

Recent reports suggest that Arsenal are prepared to farm him out on loan in January and one could assume that Wenger will look no further if the French Champions came calling.

‘Le Coq’ has shown immense potential so far this season but with first-choice holding midfielder Alex Song in sublime form at the moment and Ghanaian Emmanuel Frimpong still above him in the pecking order, a loan move could be the only way for him to get some first-team action.

What do you think?

***Read what ALL the Arsenal blogs are saying at JustArsenalBlogs.com***