Arsenal’s Search For A Full-Back Continues

Asenal’s manager Arsene Wenger is looking for full-backs, but unfortunately star full-backs are not at all easy to find and the Frenchman just lost out on one of the best.

Arsene was eyeing Netherlands International right-back Gregory Van der Wiel who just announced that he’s going to join Valencia instead.

“The clubs are still negotiating, but I expect them to reach an agreement,” Van der Wiel told Eredivisie Live.

“I have already spoken with Valencia and have agreed terms. If everything goes according to plan, I will sign a five-year deal.”

With him out of the way the Professor now is still linked with Milan’s Taye Taiwo who previously won the double with Marseille, and Ajax’s defensive player Jan Vertonghen who is not a full-back but can play as one and can also play as a central defender or a defensive midfielder.

Vertonghen seems to be the perfect transfer for Wenger who would cover 3 spots in the team with a highly skilled football player, but perhaps he still needs somebody who can play the full-back position like he was born there. Do you have any suggestions for the Frenchman?