Arsenal Target Vertonghen Witnesses Horror Scenes

Arsenal’s top transfer target Jan Vertonghen was witness to a horror scene in the weekend when his club Ajax played at home against AZ Alkmaar.

The rivalry between the clubs is very well known, and in the 37th minute an Ajax fan entered the pitch and attacked AZ goalkeeper Esteban Alvarado, who in turn defended himself and hit the offending fan.

After the match Ajax issued an official statement:

“This was a terrible incident and we deeply regret it and offer our sincere apologies.

“The supporter has been handed over to the police. It was a 19-year-old man who was probably under the influence of alcohol. He said he hated the AZ goalkeeper and had therefore attacked him.”

After this incident Vertonghen is sure to choose to leave the craziness of Netherlands football, and the defensive player is highly wanted by Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger.

The Belgian international can play as a defensive midfielder, centre-back and left-back turning him into a very useful weapon for Wenger. Do you think that the 24-year-old defensive player will join the Gunners in January?