Arsenal’s Striker Chooses Russian Gold. Who Will Replace Him?

Arsenal’s Russian striker Andrey Arshavin’s link with a possible move to his home country is being more and more speculated by newspapers, and it seems that he’s ready to depart.

The winger substituted Gervinho against Aston Villa and proved once again that he’s way out of form and that his place at Arsenal is not that secure anymore.

In addition to that, Wenger transferred Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the summer and the kid turned to be a fantastic signing. He’s now ready more than ever to take a stand and even though he usually plays on the right, Wenger could move Walcott on the left if he’ll ever choose to play in this formation.

Arshavin seems close to rejoining his former club Zenit, as club technical director Igor Korneev has stated the Russian club’s interest in him.

“We are always interested in Andrey but at this moment I can’t confirm or reject that we are working on this matter.”

Arsenal will have to transfer a new striker in January and the French manager seems to be very interested in the services of German striker Lukas Podolski. Who do you think will join?