Arteta – Its a brave decision by Henry to return to Arsenal

The new Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has revealed that he has always been a great admirer of Thierry Henry, and he thinks that the Frenchman has made a very brave decision to put his reputation as an Arsenal legend on the line by returning to the club at 34 years of age.

Arteta said: “I’ve always been a big admirer of him, when he was playing here and at Barcelona,”

“It’s great to have him around with his experience and his talent – I’m sure he’s going to be really helpful.

“He’s very good. He’s very close with everyone, he’s talking with all the lads and has a very, very good attitude.

“I heard a lot of things about him and his character and for being so brave to come back here with the name he has is not easy. He’s putting his name on the line yet again and I think that’s brave.

“He has the quality and the talent for sure. I don’t know how he is physically to play 90 minutes, 60 minutes, 30 or whatever he needs but I think with his experience he can manage that no problem.”

It certainly is brave, but according to quotes from all the Arsenal players that have trained with Henry, the Frenchman has certainly not lost any of his sparkle and professionalism. I hope he not only confirms his legendary status but even adds to it by scoring some more brilliant goals while he’s here this time around.

***Introducing Mrs Arteta (ex-Miss Spain Lorena Bernal)***