Arsenal Set To Miss Out On Star German International

German star Marco Reus is due to leave Borussia Monchengladbach in the next few weeks, but he won’t be going to Arsenal as everyone expected. The 22-year-old will join his former club Borussia Dortmund in the attempt to get himself some playing time in the Champions League and a fair chance to fight for the title.

“It’s important for me to clarify that this wasn’t a decision against Gladbach,” he said.

“I’ve had a wonderful time here up until now and Borussia gave me the chance to prove myself in the Bundesliga and to develop into the player I am now.”

“I’ll be sad to leave, as it’s been such an important environment for me. It was crucial for me to be upfront and honest with Gladbach and not to drag it out.

“But I’ve decided to take the next step in the summer and I want to play in a side that can fight for the title and give me the guarantee of Champions League football. Dortmund can do that.”

“Until Christmas, I didn’t really think about it and left it all up to my advisors,” he said.

“Before Christmas, Gladbach made me a very good offer of a contract extension until 2016 and repeated it again this week.”

The weird thing is that if Reus wanted Champions League football he could have got that starting with the spring for Arsenal. Truth be told it’s very possible that Arsenal’s interest was not so high, but we will be able to decide that if Reus will indeed join Dortmund.