Argentine Midfielder Calls For Arsenal’s Offers

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger could still make a move for Argentine defensive midfielder Lucas Biglia after the Anderlecht man declared that he isn’t interested in joining Fiorentina, but he wouldn’t say no to a possible transfer to a top club.

“I think I will stay at Anderlecht until June.

“I have no received any concrete offers, since the proposal from Galatasaray a year ago.

“My agent is responsible for his words. I’m not thinking of Fiorentina and my heart is at Anderlecht.

“I’m happy to play at Anderlecht and there are beautiful things to do by the end of the season in the league and the Europa League.”

“If there is a proposal within the transfer window then why not?” he added. “My price is clear from the clause in my contract.”

Arsenal could do with another defensive midfielder now that Frimpong went to Wolverhampton on loan, but Ajax’s Jan Vertonghen is also one of the candidates for the job having proven himself to be a defensive player who could cover the defensive midfielder, central defender and full-back positions with ease.