Arsenal Want To Highjack Dortmund’s Deal For Reus

Arsenal’s hopes to transfer young hotshot attacking midfielder Marco Reus are not yet gone even though reports have appeared saying that Marco Reus has signed an agreement with Dortmund and is due to join them in the summer.

Having won the last title, Dortmund is now second after Bayern Munich and Reus has declared that he wanted to join Dortmund because he wants to play for a team which can fight for the title and offer him a chance to play Champions League football.

“It’s important for me to clarify that this wasn’t a decision against Gladbach,” he said.

“I’ve had a wonderful time here up until now and Borussia gave me the chance to prove myself in the Bundesliga and to develop into the player I am now.”

“I’ll be sad to leave, as it’s been such an important environment for me. It was crucial for me to be upfront and honest with Gladbach and not to drag it out.

“But I’ve decided to take the next step in the summer and I want to play in a side that can fight for the title and give me the guarantee of Champions League football. Dortmund can do that.”

If that’s all Reus wants and the deal with Dortmund is not yet completed he could have the chance to play in the Champions League earlier than he expected if a move to Arsenal would be completed.