AC Milan striker rules out Arsenal move

There have been many rumours linking Arsenal with a big money offer for the AC Milan striker Alexander Pato, who is expected to drop back down to the bench when Man City’s Carlos Tevez arrives at the San Siro, but today the hoghly talented Brazilian hitman ruled out a move to the Emirates.

He said: “Milan is my home,”

“I don’t want to interrupt my career with the black and reds after winning my first two trophies (the Serie A title and the Italian Super Cup) with this shirt.

“I want to contribute to writing Milan’s history and to the future success of this club with happiness and in perfect harmony with the environment.

“Today is a special day for me.

“I thank club president Silvio Berlusconi, the club and the supporters who have always believed in me.”

Most Arsenal supporters would emphasise that another top class striker should be a priority for Arsene Wenger, not only as backup to Robin Van Persie, but as insurance in case the Dutchman refuses to sign his contract extension next summer.

But if it’s not going to be Pato, who should be top of Wenger’s list? Podolski anyone?