Another Arsenal Target Bites The Dust. Will Anybody Join?

After rumours linking a possible Arsenal move for Valencia’s Argentine midfielder Ever Banega the Spaniards didn’t waste time and secured his services extending the player’s contract with the club.

“I would like to thank the club for giving me the opportunity to continue here and gain more years playing in this team,” Banega stated.

“I have already been at the club for a few years and am very happy. I hope to continue in the same manner.”

Arsene Wenger will now have to continue his search for a top midfielder, but with only a few days still to go and with so many of the potential targets being already transferred by other clubs or not available anymore, it’s going to be hard for the Arsenal manager.

Gotze is now injured, Reus will join Dortmund in the summer having already signed a contract, Hazard is highly targeted by Chelsea, and a few other midfielders who have been linked with the club have either moved on or signed a new contract.

It’s not going to be easy for Wenger to find a new target, but fans will probably say that he must fight Chelsea for Hazard. He didn’t fight them for Mata and the Spaniard proved to be an amazing addition to the Premiership club, so perhaps it’s not such a bad idea.