Should Arsenal be hot favourites to beat Aston Villa? I think not!

The bookies have got Arsenal priced at hot favourites to beat Aston Villa tomorrow, but you would have to be very confident to actually put any money on it when you consider recent form.

The Gunners managed to beat Alex McLeish’s side before Christmas at Villa Park in the League, but it took a last minute goal from supersub Yossi Benayoun to secure the points. Since then Villa have only lost one of their following six games, including an away win at Stamford Bridge.

McLeish also has the inspired signing of Robbie Keane on loan to partner Darren Bent up front, and both players were on the scoresheet last week, while Arsenal have lost their last three games and are suffering from a massive injury list.

Wenger has admitted he may rest players ahead of Wednesdays game against Bolton so they may even be weaker than usual for this match, but McLeish is definitely going all out for the win. He said yesterday: “I’m not thinking of anything other than putting out my strongest team this weekend.

“We should be able to cope. There are three days between the Arsenal and QPR games and we have players in a good, confident mood.

“Arsenal are the favourites, the pressure is on them to win this game more than us but we will try to get through.”

Arsenal are certainly under pressure to win any game right now, and I am not sure that they can bounce back straight away in this game. We all WANT Arsenal to win, but I wouldn’t back them at odds on. Would you?