Arsenal Fail Attempts To Transfer German Star Striker

Having only transferred club legend Thierry Henry in this January transfer market opening, Wenger is looking to bring somebody on a more permanent basis, with Thierry due to go back to his MLS side NY Red Bulls.

Unfortunately it’s not as easy done as said and despite efforts to sign Koln’s striker Lukas Podolski, the deal might not pan out the way the manager wishes after all.

“I am tempted to go into the market, but the players we have approached were not available.”

According to The People, German side Koln rejected a big of £8million from Arsenal for their top hit-man, and Arsenal might miss out on the deal altogether if they won’t be able to reach an agreement soon.

Podolski is one of the best strikers in Bundesliga, and even though his side holds a shameful 13th spot, he managed to score 15 goals being only 2 hits behind top scorer Mario Gomez.

Arsenal have been reportedly tracking Traszbonspor’s striker Burak Yilmaz as well, but it’s believed that Podolski is Wenger’s top choice despite having failed with the first attempt to transfer him.