Arsenal’s new signing “honoured” to train alongside Rosicky

The newest Arsenal midfielder Thomas Eisfeld arrived yesterday from Borussia Dortmund and has pledged his desire to do his best for his new club, and is looking forward to training alongside one of his boyhood idols Thomas Rosicky.

He said: “It’s a real honour to be teammates with the great players at Arsenal, and also training everyday with players like Tomas Rosicky – who I grew up watching play at Dortmund,”

“I will give it everything I have here and do my best to make the manager, players and fans happy.

“I would also like to thank Borussia Dortmund, where I played for the last seven years, for everything they have done for me. I had a great time there, and there were many wonderful coaches who helped me get to where I am today.”

There were no rumours about Arsenal’s interest in Eisfeld, and Arsene Wenger once again managed to spring a surprise, but the Gunners manager admitted that he had been scouting the 19 year-old for quite a while.

Wenger said: “Thomas is a player we have liked for some time. We’ve watched him closely this season, where he has excelled for Dortmund’s youth team.

“He is young but has proven to us that he can play, that he has the attitude and technical ability to be a valuable addition to our squad. We’re very pleased to welcome him to the Club and look forward to his contribution in the coming seasons.”

Let us all pray that Wenger has uncovered yet another gem…for peanuts!