Arteta – We need to take our chances, but we can still catch Chelsea

The Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta can’t understand why the team are not playing to the best of their ability in League games, but is hopeful that they can get their consistency back and still climb above Chelsea into fourth place in the Premiership, but he knows it won’t be easy.

“It is going to be tough to finish in the top four but it depends on us,” Arteta said.

“We have got the talent and the quality in the side to do it but we have to show it day by day. I am confident because we train together every day and I know how good we are but we have to show it every day, not every two or three weeks.

“It is more about details to score and make the game much easier for us. It depends on small details. We had the chances to score and we didn’t. You are not going to get 15 chances to win a football game and nowadays when you get it, especially away from home, you have to take it.

“I am sure that Chelsea will start a good run and we have to do the same and win games like we did a month ago. But I am still positive – there are still a lot of games to play and hopefully we can get that done.”

Blackburn shocked Arsenal earliy in the season, but the Gunners just have to get their revenge this weekend and start getting some points on the board, or Chelsea will be the least of our problems.