Arsenal have Gibbs, Chamakh and Djourou back to boost squad for Sunderland clash

Arsenal’s horrendous injury list from last month is being eased even further this week ahead of the crucial games against Sunderland and AC Milan.

Arsene Wenger will be particularly pleased to have a proven left-back back in the squad now that Kieran Gibbs is now fully recovered from his hernia operations and could play some part this weekend. And of course Arsenal will also have Bacary Sagna back again at right-back.

But if Wenger decides to save Sagna for the Milan match Wenger also has Johann Djourou back as extra extra cover, although the Swiss defender is unlikely to figure straight away.

Another talking point is whether Wenger will decide to give the prolific Robin Van Persie a rest ahead of the midweek game, and he will now have Marouane Chamakh as well as Ju Young Park and Thierry Henry available to cover for the Flying Dutchman.

But as Wenger said “every game is a Cup Final” from now on, and I think he will play RVP and Sagna from the start with the hope he can replace them once Arsenal have a healthy lead. I also expect Gibbs to start from the bench and Vermaelen will line-up at let-back with Koscielny and Mertesacker in the central defensive positions.

What do you think?