7 Reasons Why Robin Van Persie Should Leave Arsenal

We’re all Gunners so it’s a very touchy subject for us, but team captain and most important player Robin Van Persie is now approaching the end of his contract and will only have 1 year left come the summer.

This wouldn’t be such a big problem if we wouldn’t know the fact that a host of clubs are going to offer all kinds of amounts to transfer him, and that Arsenal is likely to let him go in order to avoid losing him on a free.

Even though we all wish that he’ll choose to stay we have to admit there are quite a few reasons for him to leave:

  1. He didn’t win a trophy with Arsenal since the FA Cup win from 2005
  2. Arsenal just got murdered twice this season by AC Milan and Manchester United
  3. Since Nasri and Fabregas left and Wilshere got injured he has nobody of top quality behind him except for Arteta, because Ramsey and Rosicky have proven that they’re not at all Arsenal material.
  4. A host of big clubs are interested in him with Barcelona and Real Madrid leading the way.
  5. His former colleague Fabregas managed to win a trophy with Barcelona at his first match after joining the club.
  6. Wenger doesn’t want to pay big money for top quality players (even young ones) who can help the clubs win trophies.
  7. He’s 28 and only won 3 trophies in his life, the FA Cup and the Community Shield with Arsenal and the UEFA Cup with Feyenoord.

So considering these, would you really judge Robin for leaving the club after the incredible things he offered Arsenal and basically receiving nothing in exchange from the club?