Arsenal Injury News Update

Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger confirmed that club defender Per Mertesacker won’t be fit for quite a while after the injury he sustained in last week’s match against Sunderland.

“Unfortunately he has had surgery and we have lost him for a while,”

“How long I don’t know. He had reconstruction of his ligaments, so it will be long term.”

Koscielny will be fit soon according to the manager who said:

“He had a scan yesterday and the news is quite good,”

“He will be out for hopefully around a week. He will miss the Sunderland game, but he should be back for next week.”

Wenger also spoke about the other injuries in the team and according to him everybody else except for Wilshere and Santos is okay at the moment.

“Kieran played his first game in four months in Milan so of course it was a shock to go back to that level. But physically he’s all right,” said Wenger.

“Carl’s back in full training on Monday. That’s good news for us.”

Jack Wilshere might also be back soon but for now Arsenal will have to do without him, and Ramsey or Rosicky didn’t seem up to the job against AC Milan unfortunately.