Arsenal need more Real Gooners in the team!

In the build up to the massive North London derby, it strikes me that how many of the actual players in the Arsenal team fully understand the importance of the yearly fixtures against Tottenham.

Obviously after playing for the Gunners for a few years you can build up an understanding from the atmosphere surrounding the games, but can they really understand that the Arsenal fans expect them to sweat blood against Spurs.

One player who will really be up for it is Carl Jenkinson, even though it is not certain he will play. He said: “It is huge for everyone at the Club and all the fans as well,”

“Speaking as a fan myself, I know how much I want us to get a good result on Sunday and the feeling within the Club is that all the players want to do the same. I am sure we can do the job.

“There have been some great derby games down the years and most of the time we have come out on the winning side, so fingers crossed that will be the case at the weekend.”

But how many other real Arsenal fans are there in the team? Obviously Thierry Henry is now a dedicated fan, as shown by his outbursts in support of the team, and of course Jack Wilshere certainly has Arsenal DNA (God how we miss him this season!).

But how many others are real Gooners and will perform against Spurs as if their life depended on it?