Arteta – Arsenal need to win every game to make Top Four

The Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta has come in and done an excellent job for the Gunners this season, but he believes that Arsenal need to consistently win the rest of their games this season to make sure of Champions League next season.

The Gunners have been in the Champions League for the last sixteen years and Arteta thinks it is vital for the club that they reach that position again.

“This club has to be in the Champions League every year fighting for big trophies,” he said.

“I am looking to win the rest of the games we have. If we do we can finish in the top four but if we don’t we’ll be fifth or sixth.”

The Spaniard also thinks it is unfair that Arsene Wenger is taking all the flak for Arsenal’s shaky form and believes the players should take their share of the blame.

“I have no doubt that Arsene loves Arsenal. He is one of the best. He trains the players really hard.

“He tries to give them confidence and knowledge but sometimes it is our fault. We didn’t put the ball in the net or made a mistake. When something like this happens you have to blame everyone. Arsene gave me the chance to join this club and I am very pleased with it.

“I am happy with what he has done with me. He has been talking to me and has been very positive.”

He is being very loyal to Wenger, as are the rest of the players, so isn’t it time that they repaid Wenger’s faith in them by putting in some top performances for a change?

Arteta accepted that some performances by the squad just haven’t been good enough. “We talked about it for a long time after Milan because we were frustrated,” he said. “We were gutted because we knew we did not play to even 50 per cent of our potential in Milan.

“The Sunderland game was different. We were unlucky, made a mistake and lost the game.

“The frustration kept on going because we were out of the FA Cup and we were trying to win it.”

All Arsenal fan’s must be hoping that they play to their potential today or we could be in for yet another embarrassing day!