Bale – The tide has turned and Arsenal can’t handle us now (Yeah right!)

The Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is certain that Arsenal are now the underdogs in the big North London derby being played today at the Emirates, and he believes that Spurs will simply prove yet again that they are deservedly the biggest club in London now.

Tottenham are currently ten points clear of Arsenal in the Premiership and if the Gunners don’t win today then they will have virtually no chance of catching their rivals, and Bale refuses to accept that it is a possibility.

Bale said: “It’s a local derby and I think every player that comes to a club knows what their local derby is. And when that day does come – I don’t know why it is – every player is always that little bit more motivated. The fans are fantastic every time we play against Arsenal – although they always are – and there’s that ten percent extra from everybody and it spurs us on. We want to get a win for ourselves and for the supporters,”

“Over the years Arsenal have been the favourites and they’ve been above us in the league but now the tide has turned in our favour.

“We are playing some great stuff and I think we deserve to be where we are in the league and we deserve the favourites’ tag.”

Arsenal allowed Spurs to recover from a 2-0 deficit in this game last season and they came back to win the game 3-2. That is proof that Tottenham are now superior according to Bale. “Other teams before us, if they had gone 2-0 down they would have crumbled but the boys showed that they have character and spirit that day.” he continued.

“We had a very poor first half and they dictated play, but in the second half we threw everything at them and they weren’t able to handle it. I think we have to do the same again; we have to attack and concentrate on their weaknesses.”

“They haven’t had great results lately but I don’t think anyone can write them off, especially when they’re at home. We’ll know exactly what to expect of them, they’re a great team and we’ll obviously give them respect. But we’re a great team as well and we can go there and win, like we showed last year.”

One thing is sure is that it is going to be an exciting game, but the difference this time is that Arsenal will be leading 2-0 at half-time, and then go on to win 5-0!!!!

Someone needs to tell Bale that he shouldn’t count his chickens…..