Arsenal linked with wantaway Dortmund striker

Arsenal’s deals with German Bundesliga winners Borussia Dortmund might be far from over after transfering Thomas Eisfeld, as the Gunners are looking to snatch another pair of stars from the Germans in the summer.

Mario Gotze has been a long term target for Arsenal, but now the French manager also took notice that wantaway striker Lucas Barrios wants to leave the German club after being not much more than a benchwarmer this season.
“Of course I do not want to sit on the bench for a second season.

“That is not what being a professional footballer is about. I’m unhappy, but I’m waiting for my chance as a professional. It is difficult on the other hand for me to accept this after such a successful season.”

Barrios lost his place in the first eleven after an injury, and ever since he’s been fit again he only got a few minutes of action every now and then although he managed to score in a few of his appearances.

Do you think that he could help the Gunners in the following season or are there other better options for Wenger to look into?