Arteta hoping he won’t get booed at Everton

The Arsenal playmaker Mikel Arteta seems to be a bit worried about the possibility of not getting a good reception when Arsenal will meet Everton next week.

This is the first time Arteta will go back to play on the Goodison Park since his summer move to Arsenal, and he’s a bit emotional about it.

“Visiting Everton next week will be really special for me,” he told Arsenal.com. “It’s going to be weird to sit in the other changing room, warming up in the opposite half of the pitch and having the crowd against us. I just want to enjoy it.

“I really can’t wait to go there, and I hope I’ll get a good reception because I gave Everton everything I had in my time there and I love the club.

“Everyone there was great to me and, even though I left, hopefully people understood. There’s no reason for any of us to be unhappy with each other.”

Arteta proved his skills for both Arsenal and Everton, so there would be no reason for the fans to hate him. He simply chose to go to Arsenal because the Merseyside club wasn’t offering him the possibility to play in the Champions League, so that shouldn’t be punished by the fans.