Arsenal are bang in form but Everton have “no fear”

Everton have only lost one of their last 11 games at Goodison Park, and that was when David Moyes rested players for the FA Cup game, so his assistant manager Steve Round sees no reason why the Toffees can’t beat Arsenal, just as they did against other top four teams recently.

He understands that Arsenal are also playing well, but he doesn’t think they need to fear playing anyone at home. Round said: “It’s going to be a tough game, we know that. Arsenal are bang in form, they’ve got some really exciting players but we’re at home, we’ve got a good run going and we’ve beaten Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham, so Arsenal will hold no fear for us.

“I think Arsenal are top of the league on current form, they’ve won five on the bounce in the Premier League, we’ve lost one in 11 so it should be a really good game, and one both teams will go out and try hard to win.”

The last time these two met, it was obin Van Persie (naturally) who scored the only goal of the game, and Round is well aware that the Dutchman will need to be watched carefully. He said: “He’s a tremendous player, one of the best in the world at the moment, and his goals record speaks for itself.

“But also his general all-round play, he links up really well, and the goal he scored against us to win the game up there was really top drawer, as good as I’ve seen from any player. We know he can do that. You’ve just got to try and shut him out.”

That is the right word Steve – TRY! There are not many teams that have managed to stop our captain from scoring this season, and you won’t either!