Arsenal injury List Update ahead of Everton clash

The Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has given an injury update regarding his team, and things are finally looking great for the Gunners after a very troublesome season.

The most expected return of the season, that of Jack Wilshere, might occur soon as the midfielder seems to be approaching fitness despite Wenger’s fear of rushing into things. According to the Frenchman, the last scans showed that there’s no problem with Jack at the moment but he still doesn’t want to rush the young hotshot.

“It is difficult to set a deadline on Jack. We go week by week with him. But his last scan was very good so we don’t have to worry anymore.

“It is about progress and fitness, however I can’t set a date.”

Center-back Vermaelen, who was also a doubt before the Everton game seems to be ready for action as well.
“Vermaelen had a kick on his calf and after the game he had a big pain but he is alright,” added Wenger.

“Diaby is back but he is with the reserves at Liverpool. He will play for an hour.” (He did play for an hour, and scored!)

“He is fit enough to start but he was like that for the Newcastle game.”

The only big problem in the squad at the moment is that of German defender Per Mertesacker who seems to be out for the remaining of the season and he’s highly likely to miss the participation to the EURO 2012 championship with the German national team.