Are Arsenal now certain of Third place?

Arsene Wenger is understandably over the moon with Arsenal’s brilliant run of seven wins in row, and he now wants to continue this excellent form and make sure that the Gunners hold on to Third Place in the League and qualify automatically for the Champions League next season (see this season’s Champions League odds).

“It is a very successful run and we want to keep it going,” Wenger said on Arsenal.com. “We kept the momentum on Saturday with a great start. We came out of the blocks with pace, technique, movement, and I feel in the first 35 minutes we were outstanding.

“It gives us two big wins in a week because when you go to Everton and play Aston Villa at home and get six points, without conceding a goal, that is a fantastic achievement. If you saw Everton, they won at Swansea and that is a difficult place to go as well. I am very pleased with my players.

“Our target now is to tighten our grip on third place. I believe we have to focus on our performance and play for each other, fight for each other, then we have a chance.”

We have more than a chance now. Arsenal have only a few (slightly) difficult games before the end of the season, and despite what the opposition might say, both chasing teams have tough games ahead and have shown a tendency to wobble at the slightest pretext. They’re guaranteed to drop more points before the end of the season, and there is no reason why we can’t win every single game!