Benayoun – I am committed to Arsenal, but still love Chelsea!

The on-loan Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun doesn’t seem to know who he should be supporting to reach the Champions League this season, after Arsene Wenger admitted that he wasn’t sure if he could make Benayoun’s loan at Arsenal into a permanent move this summer.

The Israeli international has worked his way into a regular starting spot by some consistently impressive performances for the Gunners, but Wenger is not short of midfield options and he is unlikely to spend money on keeping the 31 year-old on board as a back up.

Benayoun has been discussing his move to Arsenal and about his possibilities for next season in the Mirror. He said: “I have a good relationship with the Chelsea owners and when I decided to take this step, Abramovich gave me the permission to do what I want and choose the team I went to on loan.

“I was negotiating with three teams but as soon as I heard Arsenal were in, I knew it was a big chance for me.

“I am committed to Arsenal 100 per cent and I don’t think about Chelsea or another team. I want first Arsenal to finish in the top three and if it depended on me I want Chelsea to finish in top four and Liverpool also to finish in top four. But it can’t happen.

“Five points is a big gap but we have to keep playing well and win some games. Next we have Wigan. They beat Man United so that is a warning for everyone.

“It will not be an easy game and after there is a game against Chelsea, which I can’t play in.

“There are still a few hard games but five points is a big gap and I am sure that in the end we will finish in the top three.

“I will not lie – I love Chelsea, because I have a good relationship there. I didn’t play much because I had a big injury.

“I still have a lot of friends there I talk to every day. Of course I want them to do well but it is difficult.”

“I knew that with Andre Villas-Boas, I felt I would not get enough credit although I felt good in the pre-season and I did a few good games, so I took the decision,” he continued.

“I have not played as much as I want, but it is great to be at a club like Arsenal. The dressing room is so great and to be at a big club is always nice.

“It has been up and down this season for me. I try to be focused and concentrated but it’s not easy. I was waiting all the time for my chance.

“A few times in the season I got my chance and then didn’t get another for a long time. But in big clubs, you have to be patient.

“I have had the luck to be in three big clubs and I know you have to be patient, wait for your chance and when I get it, try to do my best.

“I think it is difficult to speak now about the future. It’s better to concentrate on the last five weeks that are left and do my best for the club. I am fully committed to Arsenal and after we will see.

“After June 30, I am going back to Chelsea and then the club decides and I need to decide also. Each one has to think what is best for them.

“But the most important thing is to concentrate on these five weeks and whatever will be will be. I want to keep my place until the end of the season.”

Has Benayoun done enough to earn a permanent move to Arsenal?