Alex Song to Inter Milan? No chance!

Arsenal’s most valuable players are still being pulled towards a host of clubs, but the rumours linking midfielder Alex Song with a possible departure to Italy have been roundly denied by his agent.

Song has just proven his worth for Arsenal and it would be a shame to leave now that he reached a peak in his career. Italian team Inter Milan were reportedly interested in his services, but the player’s agent has snubbed the possibility of a summer departure to the Italian capital.

Barcelona have also been linked with the international defensive midfielder, as they’re looking to freshen things up a bit after losing out their season objectives in the Spanish League and also being knocked out of the Champions League by Chelsea.

“I don’t know anything about these rumours but I can assure you that I’ve never had contact with (Inter sporting director Marco) Branca or with the other Inter leaders,” the agent told interlive.it.

Arsenal will be fighting hard to keep their best players this summer as Robin Van Persie will also attract a lot of offers until he’ll accept the contract extension. Walcott might also be an interesting point, but let’s hope that the most interesting transfers regarding Arsenal will be incoming ones not outgoing (except for the deadwood of course!).