Arsenal in no rush to add more signings after Podolski

Arsenal fans will be over the moon about the early signing of Lukas Podolski from Cologne this week, but they should not get too carried away by more Arsenal transfer rumours however. Wenger is keeping track of a number of players but will not rush into anything. The Gunners already have too many players on the books, some on loan, some injured and some just collecting wages.

Arsene told Arsenal.com, “I think of course about Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby. Per Mertesacker will, I think, will be ready at the start of next season.”

If Arsenal get those three back in the first team then it will go a long way to solving Arsenal’s “soft centre” and with Podolski taking the scoring pressure off Robin Van Persie they will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

Wenger has admitted that, although keen to sign players, his hands may be tied unless he can offload some of his less useful squad members. “We have to respect that 25 man squad number. That is a big problem for every club and before you go out on the transfer market you have to see how you cope with the 25 players.”

Gooners may have to be patient and see how the summer pans out, as usual.