Arshavin back in form – Should Arsenal give him another chance?

Andrey Arshavin has rediscovered his form since moving back to his boyhood club Zenit St. Petersburg. He has scored once for the Russian club in five appearances and has helped them in their bid to keep hold of the Russian league title which they did at the weekend. He was completely out of sorts in his last season at the Emirates and something had to be done. Perhaps if he stayed in the cold weather of Russia he would have had more luck with his hockey predictions!

We must remember that when Arsenal signed the 30-year old from Zenit in 2009, the Russian international was one of the most sought after players in European football. He quickly settled into the Arsenal set-up but his best season came in 2010-2011 when he made 52 appearances, scoring 10 goals and claiming 17 assists. Who can say what has gone wrong this year, but if it is a matter of confidence then this loan spell followed by a successful tournament in Poland and Ukraine could be just what he needs.

The player has said, according to Metro “The result and quality of play there could affect my destiny.”

Arsenal need to either move players on or get players back into the squad and playing well. If Andrey can get back to his best then I, for one, would love to see him in an Arsenal shirt again.