Arsenal end of season sale starts tomorrow

As it looks increasingly likely that Arsenal will hold onto their prize asset, Robin Van Persie, Arsene Wenger knows that he needs to clear out some players from the Emirates. Nicklas Bendtner is coming to the end of his loan spell at Sunderland, as is Henri Lansbury at West Ham and Arshavin at Zenit St. Petersburg.

Players like Chamakh, Ramsey and Ju Young Park seem surplus to requirements so are not getting any match time. But if Arsene wants to add players to his squad this summer to make a decent push for the title next season then something needs to be done with all this deadwood.

We know Arsene is a shrewd businessman and has done wonders for Arsenal in the transfer market but the current situation is getting beyond a joke. If he wants to keep some players because he thinks they will be good for Arsenal in the future then they must go out on loan. A player getting no match experience is not going to improve. If he thinks they are of no use to Arsenal then maybe he should accept a cut price offer just to get rid. The 25-man rule makes it very difficult to carry players who are not going to contribute to the campaign.

On the subject Wenger has said “That’s a situation that we have not sorted out yet but we will do that, of course, at the end of the season. Some players didn’t get enough opportunities here during the season and we will try to give them the opportunity to play, if they get the chance, somewhere else.”

One major stumbling block is the wages. Many clubs might want these players but could not match the current earnings, and most players are reluctant to take a cut in pay. There could be a lot of loan deals taking place this summer.