Arsenal strikers Chamakh and Park looking for new clubs

Marouane Chamakh and Chu Young Park have made one League appearance between them for Arsenal this season, and now that Arsene Wenger has announced the arrival of Lukas Podolski next season, their chances of getting a first-team run have diminished even further.

Wenger was directly asked what the arrival of Podolski would mean for the two out-of-favour forwards, and he replied: “That is a situation we have not sorted out yet but we will do that, of course, at the end of the season.”

“They need opportunities to play and some players didn’t get enough opportunities here during the season. We will try to give them an opportunity to play if they get the chance somewhere else.”

Wenger has already said that the new 25-man rule is making it hard for Arsenal to offload unwanted squad members, and that is why Nicklas Bendtner and Denilson were loaned out last summer instead of being sold. The same situation may happen again with Chamakh and Park and they may have to be loaned out for a year to put themselves in the shop window for the following summer.