Arsenal to face competition for Younes Belhanda

Roberto Mancini is growing less confident daily of securing the signature of Eden Hazard from Lille. Eccessive wage demands and interest from other clubs, including Manchester United, mean that Mancini may look elsewhere for a young winger/playmaker. This could spell trouble for Arsene Wenger as the next on the list for City is Younes Belhanda.

The 22-year old Moroccan international has been the star of a Montpellier side that has pushed big spending Paris Saint-Germain all the way in the French league. Hazard is likely to cost more than three times the price of Belhanda, according to The Independent, as he has been a consistent performer for the last few seasons.

Arsene Wenger is on record as an admirer of Belhanda, saying: “I know him well. He plays without any complexities. His real talent is dribbling, passing and he has a good technique which can influence any game.I am sure of his potential. I love this player but I don’t want to cause any problems. Montpellier will decide if he leaves. Once that happens we might look at him.”

The young star has expressed his desire to play in the Premier league and even mentioned the Gunners, saying “Everybody wants to play in the Premier league. There are great clubs like Arsenal.” He has been likened to former Gunner Robert Pires and Arsenal could have done with him this season.