Arsenal rumour roundup – M’Vila, Giroud, Bendtner and Djourou

It might seem like a long summer for Gooners. The early signing of Lukas Podolski does not seem to be the start of a mass influx into the Emirates. There is loads of Arsenal transfer talk about Arsene Wenger tracking and talking to players but no deals look close.

There are two players linked heavily with a move to Arsenal who are in the papers today, Olivier Giroud and Yann M’Vila. 25-year old Giroud has had two great seasons at Montpellier and is thought to be seeking a move. The striker will not be talking to any clubs until he has finished his involvement in Euro 2012 and then is likely to be the target for Juventus, Bayern Munich and Fenrbahce as well.

M’Vila is another player who we will be waiting until Euro 2012 is over to know if he will be joining Arsenal. 21-year old defensive midfielder M’Vila is thought to be very high on Wenger’s wish list but if he has an impressive tournament, he is likely to be expensive. Financial sense might stop Arsenal bidding for him.

Johann Djourou could be on his way out of the Emirates as he wants to play regularly in his preferred position of central defense. He is probably fourth choice at Arsenal and there seems to be plenty of clubs willing to take him so I would be surprised if he is wearing an Arsenal shirt next season.

Nicklas Bendtner has also told his followers to wait until after the Euros, but that could be more hot air from a player that couldn’t find a new club last summer despite telling us he had lots of options. We’ll have to wait and see on that one, and possibly hope he has a good Euro tournament.