M’Vila praying for quick recovery

Arsenal’s top transfer target Yann M’Vila might be out of the running for a while after suffering an injury in the game France won against Serbia this week.

The defensive midfielder who has been followed by Arsenal for the last two years has taken a blow to his ankle in the beginning of the game from Serbian international Dusan Tadic and had to be taken off after showing clear signs of pain.

M’Vila left the pitch after only four minutes of gameplay, but no update on his condition has surfaced yet, as it seems to be a pretty bad injury, but after the initial shock he is now hoping for a quick recovery. He said: “I cracked up. A lot of things went through my mind.

“When I was 13, I experienced the same thing and I was in plaster for two months.

“I thought of that straight away, that the Euro was over for me.

“We will let things run their course, and hopefully I’ll be ready for June 11, God willing.

“I’m able to put my foot down on the floor, but I still have to walk with crutches, just in case. There is time to heal before the Euros.’

Anything taking more than one week of recovery will ruin the young midfielder’s EURO season, and perhaps even his chance of joining the Gunners this summer.

Arsenal are interested in bringing a new player to the club as soon as possible, and a midfielder seems to be the most important transfer for Arsene Wenger at the moment.

The French international has admitted his interest of making a move away from his Ligue 1 side Rennes, but has stated that he will only make the move after the European Championship and that he is trying to focus on the performances he will have for France.