Arsenal’s top midfield target admits he is ready for move

Arsenal and Real Madrid are set to go head to head to sign Argentine midfield ace Lucas Biglia. The Anderlecht skipper, who has played a major role in the Belgian side’s two successive domestic league triumphs, has been attracting attention from a lot of major European clubs, with Arsenal and Real Madrid said to be frontrunners to seal his signature.

Arsene Wenger is reported to have sent scouts out to track the 26-year old as well as kept an eye on the player himself, and has been pleased by what he has seen. Mourinho, too, has been in the hunt for a midfielder this summer, and sees Biglia as a perfect foil for Spanish star Xabi Alonso.

Biglia confirmed only last month that both clubs had made contact with the player’s representatives, and that he was looking to make an exit from the Belgian side, where he has been plying his trade since 2006.

“Real Madrid and Arsenal have both been in contact and I’ll wait to see what happens,” said Biglia. “I am still under contract with Anderlecht until 2015, but they know that I plan to leave. If a club offers the right price, they will let me go.”

Also said to be keeping tabs of his situation are Napoli and Fiorentina, with the midfielder set to cost his potential suitors around £8 million.