Will Arsenal choose Biglia over M’Vila?

Lucas Biglia is a 26-year old defensive midfielder, currently playing as captain for Belgian champions Anderlecht. The Argentinean international has been with the Belgian club since 2006 and has made no secret of his desire to move on. Arsene Wenger has been closely monitoring his progress and may be about to make his move.

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has also kept tabs on Biglia and may prove to be an obstacle for Arsenal. Biglia has stated that he is a huge admirer of Xavi Alonso and would love to play alongside him, and according to the player himself they have been touch as well.

“Real Madrid and Arsenal have both been in contact,” Biglia said in The Sun.

“I am still under contract with Anderlecht until 2015 but they know that I plan to leave.

“If a club offers the right price, Anderlecht will let me go.”

Arsenal are desperate for a midfield enforcer, and all the talk has been about French international Yann M’Vila. M’Vila picked up an ankle injury last week in a friendly but is still likely to figure in Euro 2012. The fear is that Arsenal may be drawn in to a bidding war over M’Vila, and we know that Wenger and the Arsenal board hate to pay over the odds for anybody.

A move for Biglia now would only cost around £8 million, according to The Sun, and would put Arsenal in a strong position, having secured two quality additions to the squad before the scramble ensues after the summer tournament.

Is Biglia the more sensible option for Arsenal given the difference in prices?