Fulham Striker Not Interested In Arsenal Move

Fulham’s striker, Moussa Dembele, has assured the fans that he will not be leaving the club this summer.

Although he enters his final year of contract with The Cottagers, and clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham are all reported to have their eyes on Dembele, the Belgium international insists that we will not be leaving.

The 24 years old has impressed everybody since his arrival from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in 2010. In his first two years with Fulham, Moussa Dembele managed to gather 73 appearances and 7 goals from his “second striker” position.

According to reports, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been watching Dembele and tries to approach the player, as he could come cheap in the last 12 months of the contract. If he refuses to extend the contract, Fulham the Belgium striker will become a free agent at the end of next season.

Arsenal are trying to bolster the entire squad, and they seem to focus on the attacking part of it, as Robin van Persie’s future is still unknown. After signing Lukas Podolski, Wenger tries to attract other attack-minded players to the Emirates as well.

However, Dembele is very happy on Craven Cottage, as he told Fulham Chronicle: “I’m very happy to stay at Fulham, especially because of the boss.”

“I think it’s very important to have the backing of the manager and he’s a coach who gives me a lot of confidence – that’s why I feel I owe it to the gaffer as well.”

“I think every player needs that and I’m no different. I go to training every day and work with joy. It’s a fantastic club and I’m not in a hurry to move anywhere.”

Fulham manager, Martin Jol, used Dembele as a central midfielder over the past season, and the 24 years old seems to enjoy his new position.

“I’m very happy with the change this year in the position I play because I’m a player who likes to have the ball as much as possible – and that is down to the manager as well,” he said.

“I think I can hold the ball very well – and it’s an advantage to the team if I have a lot of the ball, so I like that position a lot. I’m also very happy with the way the season went. The club is doing very well and we have a very strong team with good players.”

“Next year, everybody wants to do even better. I’m not sure what will be our target next season, because in a way it’s the club and manager who decide.”

“I don’t know if it is realistic to try for fourth or fifth or sixth, but I think we should look to do even better than this season and last.”

“Maybe we will have more energy because we don’t play in Europe this season and we can concentrate on the league.”

Despite the interest shown by Premier League top sides like Arsenal, Moussa Dembele seems very focused on his future at Fulham, and on his team’s performances. Although he doesn’t score very often, Dembele has very good performances on the pitch, and if Arsene Wenger wants to bring the striker to the Emirates, the moment is right, as he approaches the end of his contract, and Fulham can’t risk asking for a big price.